How Confident Are You About Gods Great Love?

1 John 3:20-21 New Living Translation (NLT)

20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.

21 Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence.

It was that time of day when I was coming home very late in the evening and wasn't sure what kind of mess I was going to find when I arrived. I was house-breaking a new puppy I named Kato.
Kato my puppy
I gave him this name because I used to love watching The Pink Panther and Cato was the name of the Karate expert assistant of Inspector Clouseau and he would surprise his master with a sneak attack every-time he came home. Well that's what this dog used to do to me.

Inspector Clouseau
Cato
The thing about this puppy was he was a wolf hybrid and at 5 months he already weighed close to 40 lbs. and he could make a huge mess. Everyday I would open the door and he would greet me with a jump up to my shoulders with joy! He was the happiest puppy in the world.


But as for me well let's just say he would try my patients, I just never knew what surprises laid beyond the front door.

Well this was the last straw (was my first impression).... I walked in to find that he had tore up every mini-blind on every window in the house. There were mini-blind parts everywhere.

I just wanted to scream, It was a mess!

But Kato could care less ... he jumped with joy to see me. As I tried to pick up the mess he thought it I was playing with him and continued to tear up the blinds some more. The more excited I got the more enjoyment he got. It was crazy.

God showed me one day that my sin, my mistakes and shortcomings should NEVER stand in the way of the confidence and love that I approach Him with. I did far worse than tear up the mini-blinds and He tells me to do just like Kato Love Him as He Loves Me!

My puppy never showed a bit of guilt when he approached me. He always approached me with confidence and expectant love. He couldn't wait to see me and be with me. He loved me unconditionally.

I now realized God doesn't even see my sin, and that Jesus bore it all on the cross. I too can approach God with confidence in His great Love for me!

So jump up and give God a big hug, you are worthy through Christ Jesus and He loves you unconditionally!


Thank you Jesus!

Comments