Stuck and not sure why ....

Something to consider when you just not sure why you have anxiety or become stuck while working on something you know you need to do. I have recently found myself with a desire to be obedient to God and at the same time fearful of what others might think of me. I know that God has called me to Teach and Preach the God News of Jesus, as a matter of fact as Christians we are all called to do this, but what will people think of me if I just don't get it right?

Proverbs 29:25Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

Well I know this is nothing more than self-centered pride having its way with my emotions and there are tons of scriptures to support that but one thing I just realized about this fear as I read that scripture is that it's my own trap/snare. The problem for me isn't trusting the Lord and realizing that he will work this thing out and keep me safe or exalted. For me what I realize is I have become really good at making and setting traps and snares and not even know that I'm doing it. I used to blame this "stuckness" on procrastination, but I have proven to myself time and time again I'm not lazy or anything like that. It is just when it comes to this little itzy, bitzy fear I have about what other people think about me. Being to macho to admit it was fear I found myself avoiding having to face it by just building an awesome trap/snare. What I do is create an obstacle/snare, which is nothing more than a story that is plumb full of facts, excuses, circumstances and rationalizations that will make it perfectly logical for me not to continue. Ouch .... how awful is that, I miss out on so many of Gods promises and glory and even blessings to others when I do this. We all have so much to share and can do to help and lift each other up on this Christian walk but this minuscule fear can stop a huge success right in its tracks. Whenever you are walking in Gods grace and love we are called to be devoid of fear. Here are some Scriptures to lean on when this snare builds a mental stronghold.

Isaiah 44:8 Don't fear, neither be afraid. Haven't I declared it to you long ago, and shown it? You are my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? Indeed, there is not. I don't know any other Rock." (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Matthew 17:7 Jesus came and touched them and said, "Get up, and don't be afraid." (WEB KJV ASV WBS YLT NAS NIV)
Luke 12:7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don't be afraid. You are of more value than many sparrows. (WEB NIV)
Genesis 50:21 Now therefore don't be afraid. I will nourish you and your little ones." He comforted them, and spoke kindly to them.(WEB NAS NIV)
Matthew 14:27 But straight away Jesus said to them, Take heart; it is I, have no fear(BBE RSV)

Comments