R.I.P. ... Mommy Chalin

My Grandmother - Mommy Chalin
Nicole, Chalin and my dad
Last night I got "the call", you know that call that comes in the middle of the night to tell you someone is no longer with you. My grandmother passed away last night, as a believer herself I know with the confidence in me from the Holy Spirit that she is seated on high in heavenly places with mansions and streets paved of gold, the Glory of God all around and songs of praise everywhere. Her trip seemed long going here on earth, she spent many years in a nursing home in bed and wheel chairs. This photo was from one of my visits to see her. I remember her sitting there and as she looked into my eyes, I could almost feel her struggle with the idea of leaving this earth and everything she knows in the physical, I prayed over her for healing and revelation of Gods Love and I could see the smile stretch across her face, as she asked me about my wife and kids and shared a story about how she remembered going up to Presque-Isle, Maine to see me when I was born, in 3 feet of snow. Truly amazing was her memory and quick wittiness all the way til the end of her days here. Supported with love from her sons and daughter-in-laws daily visits, along with occasional visits from other grandchildren and friends she made an existence based on those visits. She was a fighter, one who could overcome any adversity and make the best of her situation. She was a single parent in my dads youth and my dad loved her very very much. As a kid the example of loving your mother was very real to me and impacted my life in an awesome way. My dads compassion and huge heart has always been a deep rooted part of my character. I know this is what Jesus came to show us ... "LOVE" ... unconditionally. As much as I will miss my grandmother, I am not grieved as I rejoice in her salvation and peace that now will take her Spirit to join our heavenly Father as heirs of the throne in His kingdom. I pray for my dad who I know has much sorrow on his heart, as most of us do, but as it is written in 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-14,  13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. These are promises of our faith. I thank God for all the wonderful memories and of course great cooking, that my grandmother left with me and my family. I thank you all for letting me share and wish all in my family and friends who may grieve the peace of God to reign supreme in their hearts. Amen

Comments